Looking to Volunteer
Join our festival family!
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN FOR NEW VOLUNTEERS!
Volunteering with the Winnipeg Folk Festival is a rewarding experience and a great way to support the festival!
To apply to be an Adult volunteer, please complete this application form
To apply to be an Apprentice volunteer (13-17 year olds), please complete this application form
- Apprentices, don’t forget to get your parent or guardian to complete and send in a ‘Permission to Apply to Apprentice Crew’ form! Download a copy here.
PROSPECTIVE VOLUNTEER FAQS:
- The time commitment is a minimum of 16-20 hours for festival crews (and a minimum of 40 hours for year-round crews).
- Volunteers must be available for all four days of the festival.
- Actual shift lengths and times vary by crew, and can be discussed in detail with a crew coordinator when you are interviewed for a particular crew.
- The more complete your application is, the more likely you will be selected to volunteer and the better chance you will be placed on a crew that’s a good fit.
- When you apply, you will be asked to choose 3-5 crews that interest you. Not all crews have openings every year and this allows us to use your skills where we need them most. Scroll down for descriptions of all of our crews.
- Once you have applied, you will receive an acknowledgement email from us. It will give you some instructions that will help us keep in touch with you about your status.
- If you are selected for a crew, that crew’s coordinator will contact you directly to talk about their specific requirements and duties to make sure you are able to do the job.
- We will begin placing new volunteers on crews in March and hope to finalize our crews by May.
- Attending one of our job fairs will increase the likelihood of getting a volunteer position. Details will be emailed out to all applicants.
- There is NO GUARANTEE that applying to be a volunteer means we will have a position that fits your skills and preferences. If you’re willing to do any job, please check the box below the crew preferences in the application form.
Click here to read the volunteer crew descriptions.