WIN with our partners!
On Twitter: Twitter post: Tell us why you love Folk Fest for a chance to win 2 backstage passes to @winnipegfolk! Follow Assiniboine Credit Union and tag #ACUFOLK to enter.
On Facebook: Tell us why you love Folk Fest for a chance to win two backstage passes to the 2017 Winnipeg Folk Fest!
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Starting May 15, 2017 at 9:00:00 AM Central Time (CT) and ending June 14, 2017 at 5:00 PM CT (the “Contest’ Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a resident of Manitoba who has reached the age of majority. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win prize in the Contest: (a) any person who is a director, officer, employee, or agent of Assiniboine Credit Union (the “Sponsors”), prize suppliers, or any of their respective divisions, parent, subsidiary, or affiliated companies, franchisees, or service agencies, or independent contractors of any of the Sponsors; and (b) (a) any person who is a director, officer, employee, or agent of Winnipeg Folk Festival (the “Sponsors”), prize suppliers, or any of their respective divisions, parent, subsidiary, or affiliated companies, franchisees, or service agencies, or independent contractors of any of the Sponsors; and (c)individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Contest (collectively the “Promotion Entities”), and (d) any person domiciled with any of the above.
3. HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary
There are two ways to enter via Social Media (Facebook and Twitter):
Limit of one (1) entry on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, per person, per day. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than ONCE per day, all extra entries will be declared null and void and only the first entry received will be entered. At the end of the Contest, a winning entry will be chosen via a random draw held at the Winnipeg Folk Festival on June 15, 2017 from all eligible entries received.
4. PRIZE DRAWING:
On June 15, 2017, a random drawing form all eligible entries will take place. Draw will be held at the Winnipeg Folk Festival office, 203 – 211 Bannatyne Avenue Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, by the Contest’ Judges.
The grand prize is awarded to one lucky festival goer who will receive two (2) four-day festival passes. The festival passes are valid From July 6 to 9, 2017.
The grand prize has no cash value, is non-refundable and non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind and must be accepted as awarded. The odds of winning the prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Contest period.
6. HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE:
Before being declared a winner and in order to be eligible to win a prize any potential winner must first correctly answer, without mechanical aid or assistance, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Contest Judges. As a condition of being declared a winner, winners are also required to sign, complete and return the Sponsors’ Release and Waiver form confirming understanding, acceptance and compliance with these Official Rules, acceptance of the prize as offered and a release acknowledging the non-responsibility of Sponsors, and its Promotion Entities in respect of injuries, accidents, loss or misfortune related to the conduct of the Contests, awarding of the prize and use, misuse, or enjoyment of the awarded prize. Declaration and Complete Release and Waiver form must be completed at the time of drawing, or at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contests’ Judges, that entrant may be disqualified, his/her entitlement to receive a prize may be forfeited, and an alternate eligible entrant may be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. Prize is non-refundable and not transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes will only be delivered to verified winners. An unclaimed prize will not be awarded. By accepting or participating in a prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, address, voice, and statements relating to the Contests or Sponsors, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by Sponsors or any related entities in connection with the Contest, except where prohibited by law.
7. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Contest Judges, made in their sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
8. Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries. All entries become the property of the Sponsor.
9. Entrants and/or winners assume liability for injuries caused, or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize awarded, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury, or property damage.
10. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Participant engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won.
11. Should any draw indicate that you are entitled to win a prize and that representation is later deemed to have occurred as a result of an error of any kind in connection with the Contest, or as a result of fraud, then your eligibility to entitlement of such prize will be decided in accordance with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
12. If a dispute arises relating to prize won, a combination of factors will be assessed in determining if you are in fact eligible to win a prize. The Contest Judges will determine your entitlement to any prize. In no event will the Sponsors be liable for more than the stated number of prizes.
13. The Sponsors reserve the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Contest at any time, if fraud, technical failures or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of Sponsors corrupt the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Contest.
14. Prizes pictured in point of sale, print advertising, promotional packaging, and other Contest materials are for illustrative purposes only. Actual prize may vary from the prize pictured. In the event of any conflict with any Contest detail contained in these Official Rules and Contest detail contained in point of sale, print advertising, promotional packaging and other Contest media, (the “Contest Materials”) the details of the Contest set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
15. The Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws.
16. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Manitoba without regard to Manitoba conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Manitoba.
17. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, Sponsor employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.
18. Personal information collected from entrants will be used by the Sponsor for the purpose of administering the Contest. Sponsor will not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information of entrants with third parties, other than to third parties engaged by Sponsor to fulfill the above purposes or as permitted or required by law.
Enter to win tickets for Winnipeg Folk Fest this summer! Simply fill out the form on our website and choose which events you want to win tickets for, and we'll notify the winner as the event approaches.